Welcome to our blog! And our first post which is our first crawl. As travel bloggers, (in training at least), the backlog of travel stories we have to share and those that we are yet to experience, are not so uncommon- just like a baby’s crawl is never uncommon- but different and special to its audience. Travel brought us together. We were strangers to each other until we divinely met through an adventure with a budding travel company, Keitan Safaris. Here we are, taking this massive crawl together. Let’s dive into introducing ourselves and our drive for coming up with this platform.

” I am Ess! A fierce and fearless adventurer. Not 100 percent sure about the fearless. I love hiking and swimming. I would never say no to an adventure with those on the itinerary. I often travel on a shoe-string budget. Most of the travel I have taken up have been so spontaneous! My friends will hit me up and ask, ‘Ess Twende?’ and I will always give back a big, ‘Haiya, twende!’ response. I joke and further describe myself as a ‘Twende Twende‘ traveller. For my non- Swahili audience, it means I am an on the go explorer! Travelling has been for a long time, associated with living large. On the contrary, travelling makes you rich; in knowledge, in stories and the drive to experience life. No matter how insignificant an escapade might seem, how you experience it will push you to do better in life. I am elated that we have decided to launch this platform. Raw. A blank canvas for us to paint on, learn the ropes and serve our diverse palette of audience! I am looking forward to a seamless journey!”

“My name is Cynthia a.k.a Cynje. I am a free-spirited traveller; a weekender, thrill-seeking adventurer and a groupie. I am an adrenaline junkie: Bunjee jumping, paragliding, diving at a waterfall, skydiving, rafting, you name it, are my kind of thrills. I do enjoy group travels, regardless of whether or not there is familiarity. Travelling makes me feel alive, liberated and hopeful about life in general. In my experience, I have learnt that travelling is just but a choice one makes and prioritizes. It’s same as an investment. You search, plan, budget and finally execute when the time comes. It’s just but being courageous and taking the bold step. ‘Enough with watching. It’s time to up and leave. That has always been my drive. Hence, I intend to use this platform to extensively share my experiences and the various techniques that I apply in travelling far and wide on a limited budget. “

“Nelly here. I am an avid solo traveller. I love being dependent on making my trips worthwhile. Solo travel helps me reconnect with my inner self, something I never want to lose touch of. I meet new people, strangers become friends and new places become home. Traveling makes me genuinely happy. The thrill of packing and leaving for an adventure is one I am yet to put into context. I am motivated to tell my travel stories following my trips to Egypt and Thailand, where I was immensely challenged to give information about places in my country. I could not say much save for stories I had heard from Mt. Kenya and Maasai Mara, whereas my foreigner friends had so much to say about my own country. I was hurt. Coming back home, I purposed to be intentional about exploring Kenya. I intend to use this platform to tell my Solo Travel experiences and to demystify some travel myths, among them the perception that travel is for the rich and boredom and risk is involved in solo travel. Honestly, you do not have to leave your country to quench this thirst, or carry your friends and family with you nor do you have to stay in the fanciest of places to render your adventure worthwhile. It is intentionally taking time off to have fun, unwind, meet new people and if you are like me, take lots of photos and enjoy your space.”

Travelling makes you speechless then turns you into a storyteller. A common phrase. A manifestation in our lives. Welcome to our travel space, where we will take one step at a time in bringing you detailed and quite interesting travel tales. We hope for organic growth that will eventually turn into inspiration enough to build a solid travel community, and that our stories will instil in you the courage to quench your thirst for adventure.

64 Comments

AHUH IN A NAAH AH! · September 24, 2019 at 7:28 am

Congratulations!! Looking forward to gaining the courage to travel more with you!

trizah · September 24, 2019 at 7:53 am

Once blog… I’ve had a chance to travel with Cynthia (kikuletwa) and Ess (ngare ndare). I love your spirit od adventure and am looking forward to travelling more with you.

Robert Oluoch · September 24, 2019 at 8:03 am

Good very belated first step by you girls. I’m proud of you. Now make it regular,and different, and random and sizzling. And accessible in terms of demystifying local travel. Out with the bourgeois, in with the exciting shoestring… Go girls!

Cate Kahiu · September 24, 2019 at 8:31 am

Finally my travel partner @Cynje has got the courage. Can’t wait to be part of this. I am so proud of you ladies. These are baby steps and I can already see you guys going far with this. Will always support you guys. Lots of Love. xo

Njoroge · September 24, 2019 at 9:27 am

Congratulations on starting the blog!! That’s a strong step. Build a brand. Im avidly waiting for the stories the canvas’s art will tell, especially those about the adventure in discovering some of Kenya’s hidden marvels. Post regularly and perhaps https://onthegoexplorers.com can be next up

stacy254 · September 24, 2019 at 9:32 am

It is a good read.
Canโ€™t wait to participate in your journey of building a travel community .

๐Ÿคญ๐ŸคญSolo trips,all types of trips, here we come.๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿฝ

๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ™Œ๐ŸฝProud of you guys๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿฝ

Vivian · September 24, 2019 at 9:32 am

Clearly Nelly Elaine….Dust Settles You Dont.
Proud of you and your squad. Here till I go for my first solo trip.
Lots of Love!

goexploretheuniverse · September 24, 2019 at 10:12 am

ochiengcg · September 24, 2019 at 3:07 pm

Journey of 1000 miles just began. Keen to add my steps into this growth. To a great adventure, fun and friendship.

Congratulations trio!

anngetao photography · September 25, 2019 at 11:59 am

Wow! Excited for this girls! ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐ŸพTruly looking forward to the experiences you’ll share ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿพ

goexploretheuniverse · September 25, 2019 at 12:30 pm

Thank you, Ann.
      Might include getting those trees and planting to commemorate the start of this journey and I’ll definitely look forward to having you there.

Alice Wanjiku · September 24, 2019 at 10:45 am

I am happy to Cynje and the team. I am looking forward to reading the blogs ๐Ÿ˜Š. Hopefully, I will join you in some of your escapades.

1437 · September 24, 2019 at 2:03 pm

I love the stories and individual experience. I would love to see more photos of where you’ve been and the stories about the place in the next blog congratulations on this major step.

Laura Kinya · September 24, 2019 at 2:09 pm

Proud of you all. I loved it. I am not yet much of a traveler but am open to seeing the world and beyond through your blogs. I am in awe.

OKOLLA · September 24, 2019 at 2:15 pm

I see this baby hitting it’s milestones much quicker than expected. Ess, make it count, force me into an adventure myself. Just with your words.

goexploretheuniverse · September 24, 2019 at 4:06 pm

Amen! Thank you, Okolla! It is our uttermost intention to force you into adventure.

Nora · September 24, 2019 at 3:00 pm

Looking forward to being part of your travels. Being a solo traveler myself, hoping to learn more from you Nelly.. Good work and big up girls ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘

Sawanda · September 24, 2019 at 3:07 pm

This is bold step from the trio , Am a number one full supporter of travelers , Am here to give support to my fellow travelers

goexploretheuniverse · September 24, 2019 at 4:05 pm

Thank you, Sawanda! We looking forward to being featured in your show as well!

Monicah · September 24, 2019 at 3:52 pm

Congratulations Cynje and the crew looking forward to the blog posts and the travel ideas.

miss._malandi · September 24, 2019 at 5:53 pm

Wow, I already love the startup write up on your expressions and views about travelling. I love explorations and travelling too but I’ve not implemented on my hobbies fully. Thanks to y’all, I will do something about it and maybe tag you people.

goexploretheuniverse · September 25, 2019 at 6:34 am

Thank you Malandi.
    We hope we can guide you through our blogs and feel free to reach out to us to know where we are going next and tag along if you may.!

Sandra Motho · September 24, 2019 at 7:20 pm

Congratulations guys๐Ÿ’•
Can’t wait to see what you have in store for us๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿฝ
Super proud!๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿฝ

Loise Karinga · September 24, 2019 at 7:40 pm

First of all, congratulations on the new step๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ”ฅ. I also intend on being a solo traveller like you Nelly๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ญ. Such a lovely trio โคcan’t wait for more content.

goexploretheuniverse · September 24, 2019 at 10:38 pm

Loise๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿคฉ
    Thank you! I will try to give as much information as possible for you to try your first solo trip.

Anonymous · September 25, 2019 at 7:51 am

Good Morning and great job Nellie Eaine….my best since high school, great great work…looking forward to travelling with you and in partnership..
Check out my page @liebe safaris.

THE WORLD DESERVES TO BE SEEN BY YOU.

cheers to adventures and travelling.

Ruth Kiunga · September 25, 2019 at 9:17 am

This is a lovely start. Congratulations to the trio. Looking forward to reading more blogs and joining in some of the adventure. This is a bold move @cynje. Iโ€™m proud of you.๐Ÿ‘

Anonymous · September 25, 2019 at 6:57 pm

Congratulations guys ..
I’m an ardent solo traveler and I’ve made many friends from trips. Looking forward to exploring with you guys

goexploretheuniverse · September 25, 2019 at 7:04 pm

Looking forward to interacting with you and hearing your stories.!
    Thank you!
    Feel free to join us.

omonditobias · September 25, 2019 at 7:54 pm

Congratulations on your first crawl.
May this be the beginning of an amazing journey filled with fun, adventure and lots of exploring.
God bless y’all.

babu zawadi · September 25, 2019 at 7:55 pm

wow, am truly inspired to know travel gone are the excuses of this and that.,

see u in MALINDI ON THE 16th @ess thanks for sharing with me this.
hope to see more of these great posts.

Anonymous · September 26, 2019 at 6:56 am

Amazing. I can’t wait to travel with you guys.

Patricia Kamwele · September 26, 2019 at 11:24 am

Having travelled with Cynje on a number of occasions I do not doubt for a second that this blog is going to be epic. Congratulations to the whole team and I cannot wait to read more and God willing explore with you

goexploretheuniverse · September 26, 2019 at 4:03 pm

Thank you Patricia for the support. We can’t wait to explore with you too.

swatirajoria · September 28, 2019 at 5:57 am

Oooh gal…. I’m looking forward to more blog posts. I’m assuming that they are going to be the
most interesting and fun travel stories ever.
Cheers to the travelling brave girl trio! ๐Ÿฅ‚

goexploretheuniverse · September 28, 2019 at 6:11 am

My Indian Babe!!!
    Thank you for passing by and for your lovely words. They mean much!
    You know you are the trio I look up to.
    Hopefully one day I feature you guys!

Stephanie Wambua · September 29, 2019 at 4:30 pm

Congratulations๐ŸŽŠ๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ
Can’t wait for more from you guys๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

Tranquil Adventure · September 30, 2019 at 5:29 am

You will sure love what Malindi has to offer

Tom Kinyua · October 5, 2019 at 12:55 pm

Great ambition, intellect and passion. Welcome to Rwanda and the Great Lakes region! You will particularly enjoy touring the Albertine Rift region. Hongera!

MSAFINI HOTEL · September 24, 2020 at 11:42 am

Hello girls! first thing came up in my mind when I saw you at our hotel it was like I’ve seen girls with equal spirit in exploring the WORLD to the WORLD. Simply mine is to urge you to continue with the same spirit as I personally ( Msafini Manager ) going to pray sincerely to GOD to instill strength in doing so and give more energy to pursue your dreams. #EssMadamtwendetwende #CynjeThethrillseeker #NellyThespeechlessstoryteller lastly but not least i really like you girls wish you all the best.

DOING IT ALONE: SOLO TRAVEL. – ON THE GO EXPLORERS · December 3, 2019 at 1:54 pm

[…] my country, save for Maasai Mara and Mt Kenya, when I toured different regions outside Kenya. (Click here to read my introductory […]